Can I Get American Airlines ecredit?
When you travel, expect surprises like a flight delay or change in your travel plans. This might cause you to cancel your booking. Here, American Airlines ecredit covers you. These are trip or flight credits that you get for your ticket value. Later, you can book your next trips with these credits.
Also, redeeming these credits is a breeze. So, you can be worry-free if you have to cancel a booking as you are at ease with AA credits. Moreover, these credits are valid for one year. So, you can redeem these credits as per your travel plans. Now, let’s know more about these credits that enable you trips, without burning a hole in your pocket.
What is American Airlines Ecredit?
With AA, you will get travel credits or vouchers as trip credits, flight credits, and travel vouchers for your upcoming trip. You can easily redeem your trip or flight credit, or travel voucher from American Airlines to book future trips. But before we talk about it, let’s take a look at these trip credits and vouchers.
Since you get these credits on email, you can address these as ecredits.
This is a ticket that doesn’t have any itinerary and has an unknown value. The same passenger who booked a ticket earlier and canceled it later, can use it for traveling again.
An electronic document, Trip Credit is issued as the value that remains from the flight credit exchange or compensation from the airline. The credit holder can book a flight ticket for anyone since the credit can be transferred.
Issued for US residents as compensation, American Airlines Travel voucher facilitates you with a future trip. The voucher holder can book flights with it for anyone, till 8 per trip.
To understand the travel credit types that AA offers, go through the table below –
|Credit/Voucher details||Flight Credit||Trip Credit||Travel Voucher|
|Issued for||Unused/canceled tickets||Compensation, refunds, exchanging Flight Credit balance||Paper voucher|
|Validity||1 year from the original booking date||1 year from the issue date, unless specified otherwise||1 year from the date issued|
|Eligible users||Same traveler mentioned on the Flight Credit||Trip Credit holder (can book tickets for anyone)||Travel Voucher holder (can book tickets for anyone)|
|Can be used for||Non-award trips starting in the U.S. and select countries||Non-award trips||Flights only|
What are the Eligibility Criteria to get an AA Credit?
To get an American Airlines ecredit, you must qualify for the following criteria.
- When you modify your original flight ticket for destination or date and the new ticket is cheaper, AA gives you the balance amount as credits.
- Non-refundable ticket cancellation fetches you a refund as credits for the same ticket value.
- AAdvantage members can earn travel credits whenever they book a ticket.
How to Use an AA Flight Credit to Book a Trip?
Has American Airlines issued you a flight credit? That’s great! Now, let’s see how to use your AA flight credit to book a trip.
- Visit the official website of American Airlines.
- Log in to your AAdvantage account.
- Check available Flight Credit.
- Browse through flights available and select a suitable one for you.
- You will get the prompt of Add a travel credit.
- Click on Flight Credit.
- Confirm your flight details and passenger details. Pick your seats.
- Enter the 13-digit number starting with ‘001’ to Add a Flight Credit field.
- Proceed to checkout and payment.
You can also find your flight credit in the email from American Airlines
How to Redeem American Airlines Trip Credit?
The process to redeem American Airlines ecredit (trip credit) is pretty similar to flight credit. So, let’s see the steps mentioned below –
- Check your AAdvantage account wallet or email from American Airlines to find your trip credit number.
- Search flights and book a suitable one.
- Hit Trip Credit field and apply the same.
- Proceed to checkout.
- If you don’t have enough flight/trip credit to pay for your ticket, select a payment method to pay the difference.
- If your ticket fare is less than your flight/trip credit, AA issues you the balance as credit.
In a nutshell, ecredits are your safe bet to take up a trip in the future. These can be redeemed only on the flights that are operated by American Airlines, American Eagle and oneworld carriers. These are for itineraries that are sold and originating in the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. Moreover, you can use American Airlines ecredit or evouchers to pay for your flight tickets on oneworld partner or Codeshare flights that are among the American Airlines listings. You can’t pay with any of these for your trip on any other airline. Additionally, if use a a credit card with ecredit or evoucher, its billing address must be of the United States, U.S. Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico.
You May Visit:
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the credit types that American Airlines offers?
American Airlines offers you the following credit types –
- Trip Credit
- Flight Credit
- Access your flight details.
These credits are provided to use for future flight bookings with AA. However, each has different guidelines. So, know the rules for each before redeeming.
Where can you find your flight credit or trip credit balance?
When you are provided a flight or trip credit, American Airlines sends you an email with the related details. Check your email for details of your credit. AAdvantage members can login to their account to find credits in their wallet.