Planning a trip is pretty time consuming. And when you have to change your plans, things become difficult. But not anymore. Thanks to American Airlines change flight service that has made booking modification flexible and quick. Since the airline considers your requirements and understands your situation, you have a customer-friendly American Airlines flight change policy.
So, if you have to change your flight booking date or time, go ahead with American Airlines policy and process to change your booking. Now, let’s see how AA flight change approach is making travel and booking easier and simpler.
What is American Airlines Change Flight Policy?
To help you change your flight easily, American Airlines has designed a smart policy. Here are the American Airlines change flight policy highlights –
- AA doesn’t charge the flight change fees for short and long haul flights to domestic and international destinations.
- Travelers having a basic economy ticket can’t modify their existing reservations as these are unchangeable.
- If your new flight is costlier than the original one, you will have to pay the difference. You will get travel credits from the airline if your new flight fare is lower than the current flight.
- A refundable American Airlines ticket change is free from any change fee.
- If you have made the booking through a travel agent, an additional fee is charged.
- Bookings with a pet are changed separately. For this, you must contact American Airlines customer care service.
- Flights that American Airlines operate don’t charge you with a change flight fee, but you have to pay the fare difference.
How to Change an American Airlines Flight?
If you have to modify your AA flight booking, do it easily in a few clicks online. Alternatively, you can change your booking offline. Let’s see both the flight change methods here.
Through official website
- Visit the official website of American Airlines.
- Find the option of Your trips/Check in.
- Click on My trips.
- Enter your 6-character confirmation, which is also called a Record Locator.
- AAdvantage membership holders can log in to their account to find upcoming trips.
- Click the Change trip button.
- Tap on the box that mentions “Yes, I want to change this flight”.
- Search and select a new American Airlines flight to change as per your requirements.
- On the new page, a new itinerary is displayed.
- AA also informs if you have to pay the fare difference or will get a travel credit.
After your new itinerary is confirmed, AA emails you the travel credit.
Alternatively, you can change your flight through the airline’s mobile app.
AA displays your travel credit as a Refund Amount. However, the refund is mostly issued as a travel credit and not as a refund to your original mode of payment.
Via Phone Call
- You can also change your AA flight booking through a phone call.
- Simply dial the American Airlines change flight phone number – 800-433-7300 or 800-633-3711.
- Listen to and follow the IVR prompts.
- When a live customer service executive connects, request a flight change.
- Share the travel details required.
- The representative will change your booking.
Through the airport reservation counter
- In addition to online ways, there are offline methods also to alter your flight booking.
- Go to the nearest airport, and share your current flight details.
- The agent at the desk will help you change your flight.
For any issues regarding the cancelation procedure, you must contact AA customer service. The airline representatives will help you immediately. However, when we are talking about cancellation, let’s take a quick look at the AA cancelation policy for an idea.
What is the American Airlines Cancellation Policy?
You will find American Airlines Cancellation Policy simple and straightforward. Here are its highlights –
- If your scheduled departure is over two days, every ticket type is refundable within the 24 hours of booking.
- AA allows you to cancel or change nonrefundable tickets without a fee. However, you get a travel credit to book flights within a year of the original ticket issue date.
- With AA, you can cancel your award tickets and redeposit the miles used. No fee is charged on this cancellation.
- Refundable tickets get a full refund to the original payment mode.
What is the American Airlines Refund Policy?
We have discussed, change and cancellation policies for American Airlines flight that include refunds. So, let’s look into the AA refund policy highlights –
- AA refunds the refundable tickets to the original payment mode any time before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- Request the airline for a refund if you have directly made the booking through AA. However, for bookings made via a third-party, contact them.
- As per American Airlines Refund Policy, nonrefundable tickets can get a refund after the risk-free period (24 hours of booking), only if either of the situation applies –
- Military orders for the traveler
- Traveler’s or the companion’s death
- A schedule change of over four hours
Simply put, you need not pay any flight change or cancellation fees with American Airlines, thanks to its approach of virtually eliminating the fees. Moreover, you get extra flexibility to modify your flight and you need not lose your miles or money on booking modification. So with American Airlines change flight, you can freely modify your booking. Make changes to your American Airlines booking without any thoughts, and have a wonderful experience.