New York is a city. Do you think so? Think again. It is rather a melting pot of diversity, history, innovation, and of course, culture. Also famous as NYC, New York City emanates infectious energy that engulfs you. No wonder, there is such a high demand for flights to NYC. And American Airlines flights to New York fulfill it just the right way.
Moreover, NYC magnetizes people with its whirlwind of activities and attractions. The city also treats your taste buds with its sumptuous culinary fare. So, are you ready to partake in larger-than-life attractions and explore this vast city? Let’s go for a virtual trip to this happening city. And plan to visit it in person anytime soon.
International Airports in New York
New York welcomes millions of tourists flocking in from across the continents. Understanding their travel requisites to visit different locations, New York houses many airports, catering to domestic and international travelers. So, there are frequent American Flights to New York.
With numerous visitors teeming in NYC through its several airports, the city is a huge hub of travelers. According to reports, major airports here have almost 112 million passengers coming every year!
So, if a New York trip is on your bucket list, you should know about the major airports in New York to ease your journey.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), New Jersey
- John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Southern Queens
- LaGuardia Airport, Northern Queens
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport, Cheektowaga
New York at a Glance
Listed among the top cities on the planet, New York has a fascinating site at every other turn. That’s why people look for American Airlines Flights to New York to explore this charismatic city. Delight in the Broadway shows, go deep-sea fishing off the shores of Long Island, enjoy shopping and dining, or hike or paddle in the Adirondack Mountains.
Sightseeing doesn’t need an introduction to NYC. The Brooklyn Bridge, historic neighborhoods, Times Square, Lincoln Center, Wall Street, and St. Patrick’s Cathedral are some of its major hotspots. Numerous world-famous museums also partake in the limelight.
As it is an always up-and-going city, you are spoilt for choices to enjoy the best nightlife. Jazzy nightclubs, live comedy and music spots, and cocktail bars; make NYC an unparalleled night affair.
So, let’s begin with some important tourist places of New York, in addition to those mentioned above.
Statue of Liberty
The most iconic site of the USA, the Statue of Liberty doesn’t need an introduction. It is among the most sought-after attraction that tourists look up to. That’s why flights to New York are packed with enthusiastic vacationers.
Do you know about several interesting facts associated with this iconic landmark? Here are these:
- France has gifted this statue to America.
- Built-in 1886, it is the world freedom symbol.
- Counted among the largest statues in the world, it is152 feet (approx.) tall from the base to the torch.
- It provides nice views from Battery Park, on the southern tip of Manhattan.
Enjoy a boat ride to Liberty Island and watch it closely. You can stroll around the statue’s base and enter the pedestal as well.
The Empire State Building
Synonymous with its name, the Empire State Building introduces you to the empire of famous landmark buildings and prime tourist attractions around. To visit this, choose from the several American Airlines Flights to New York. Once you are at this wonder, jump into its rocket-speed elevators to reach different floors.
Let’s take a look at its highlights below:
- The Empire State Building became a symbol for NYC and an important landmark since 1931 when it was opened.
- It was initially the tallest building in the world with 102 stories until 1971. Later, the One World Trade Center tower took the first position.
- NYC’s highest open-air observation deck is the 86th Floor Observatory (1,050 feet).
- The building has actually two observatories that offer you breathtaking views around. When the sky is clear, you can look into the neighboring states of New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. It is so fascinating that tourists from even farther places like Orlando flock here. That’s why there are regular American Airlines flights from Miami to New York and other destinations, enabling people to delight in this unprecedented experience.
- The building has a glass-enclosed area, which is heated in winter and cooled in summer.
Metropolitan Museum of Art
This is among the most popular museums in the United States. Commonly known as the Met, the Metropolitan Museum of Art was founded in 1870. It houses more than two million artworks, all over a period of 5,000 years!
Among the three sites of the museum, the centerpiece is The Met Fifth Avenue. The best of the collection at this museum includes:
- Arms and armor
- Egyptian art
- American decorative arts
- Musical instruments
To indulge in the show of these rare gems, catch American Airlines flights to New York that are pretty frequent.
The Met Cloisters, in northern Manhattan, is the Met’s branch. It has more European medieval art and architecture exhibits.
When in NYC, Central Park invites you to enjoy pedaling, walking, or a carriage ride through its crisscrossing pathways. During winter, you can go skating across Wollman Rink.
However, the park offers several attractions to fun lovers, most of which are free. Some of the attractions that invite you to enjoy here are:
- The Belvedere Castle
- Strawberry Fields
- The Central Park Zoo
- The Lake
Moreover, you won’t only save while exploring this park with its free attractions but also with cheap flights to New York.
To explore the park on your own, grab a map at one of the visitor centers and mark your route.
9/11 Memorial and Museum
Famous as the National September 11 Memorial, the area is a tribute to thousands of people killed in September 11, 2001 attacks as well as those killed in the earlier World Trade Center bombing in February 1993.
Let’s have an overview of its highlights:
- A curving glass building houses the museum, featuring exhibits like artifacts, photographs, and videos that echo the 9/11 story as well as its impacts.
- The pools here have water cascading over the sides. Also, these are the largest manmade waterfalls in North America. To marvel at these wonders, hop on any of the American flights to New York for a comfy journey.
- Additionally, bronze panels stand around the pools with the names of those who were killed in the attacks.
- Don’t miss out on the Westfield World Trade Center having Oculus Plaza. A public building, it has expensive stores and shops.
Among a vast variety of tourist hotspots that beckon vacationers to New York, some are classic, some historic, and some are outright for funfilled times. There is one or the other attractions for every season so you are always busy with your sightseeing and activities when in NYC.
However, as the city never sleeps, it is giving more reasons to stay up with newer tourist attractions that have opened up lately. The High Line and One World Observatory are among such new attractions in NYC. So, what are you waiting for? Book your tickets on any of the American Airlines flights to New York today for a trip to treasure.
Visit Here For American Airlines Related Blogs:
Does American Airlines have non-stop flights to New York City?
Yes, American Airlines has recently started with direct flights to New York City. One of the nonstop flight services is available from Pensacola International Airport (Florida, U.S) to LaGuardia Airport.