You are done with an American Airlines flight ticket booking. Now, you have to check-in. The airline has facilitated you with various ways to check-in as per your convenience. If you want to know how to check into flight on American Airlines app, this account is for you. Check-in through the app also helps you save your time. Additionally, it makes your travel easier with other features.
Let’s see how you can check-in through the AA app and other details that make your trip easier.
How Does The American Airlines App Help?
With the American Airlines app, you can perform various actions. Among the many, you can easily go for American Airlines check into flight through the app. Here are some of the other functions of the app that are helpful –
- Get a boarding pass
- Keep a track of your flight
- Check-in baggage
- Get your flight itinerary
- Enjoy the in-flight entertainment
What is The Mobile App Check–in Time?
To know about your check-in time on the AA mobile app, look at the following:-
Check-in begins from 24 hours to 45 minutes before the scheduled departure of your flight.
When it comes to checking in on the American Airlines app for international trips, you have to do so between 24 hours to 90 minutes before the scheduled flight departure. However, there are airports that might have earlier check-in times. Do check for those.
How to Check-In Through The American Airlines App?
Here are the simple steps for checking-in via the mobile app of American Airlines:
- Download the AA app.
- Log in to your account.
- Find your trip itinerary.
- Click on the check-in button.
- Accept all the terms and conditions mentioned.
- Select your seats.
- After the American Airlines check-in process is completed, your boarding pass flashes on the screen. You can also get it to your registered email id.
And you are done with your checking in on the app. Easy-peesy!
However, it is good to know about the web check-in process of American Airlines as well. Just in case, if you can’t use your app, the web check-in facilitates you to proceed with your trip easily. Let’s take a look at the quick steps:
To start with American Airlines web check in, visit the official AA website.
- Click on Check-in.
- Enter your details like –
- First and last name
- PNR number
- Click on the Check-in Now button.
- When the next page appears, confirm your details.
- Pick your seats.
- Print your boarding pass.
Who is Eligible to Check-in Through The American Airlines App?
To know if you can are among those who can successfully opt for American Airlines online check in through its app, keep the following points in mind:
- AA is operating your first flight.
- You are already logged in or know the traveler’s record locator and name.
- You have an assigned seat.
- Your domestic flight is scheduled within the next 1 to 24 hours. And international flight is within 2 to 24 hours.
Why Does The App Send You to The AA Website to Check In?
If you are traveling with an infant, who is below 2 years of age, you will be redirected for American Airlines check-in to its official website. In other case, you won’t be assigned a seat on the flight.
Why Isn’t The AA App Allowing You to Check-in?
You can’t check-in through the app, if there is either of the following cases:
- AA doesn’t operate your first flight.
- You are an unaccompanied minor.
- You are traveling with a weapon or a pet.
- Your domestic flight is not between the next 1 and 24 hours or international flight is scheduled more than 2 to 24 hours.
How to Get a Boarding Pass through the American Airlines App?
Now you know how to check into flight on American Airlines app and when you can’t. It’s time to find out how you can get a boarding pass through the app.
- Open the app.
- Check in.
- Select the ‘Email with mobile’ option.
- Your smartphone/ tablet/ mobile device will show the boarding pass.
- A link is sent to your registered email ID.
- Click on the link to get your mobile boarding pass.
The barcode must be clearly visible on the screen at the security check.
How to Check-In Baggage on the AA App?
To know how you can check-in your baggage through the app of American Airlines, you have to follow the simple steps:
- Visit the American Airlines app.
- Select the baggage tab.
- You will get your boarding pass.
- Save it to show at the boarding gate.
To wrap it up, you can easily check-in to your AA flight through its app. The process is quick and simple, and you can execute other functions with the app as well. It makes your journey more simplified and time saving on completing travel formalities.
So, now that you know how to check into flight on American Airlines app, go ahead and check-in this way.
Have a great trip with AA.