Do you want to get an upgrade on your flight trips? And why not? An upgrade enhances your flight experience for sure. And with American Airlines systemwide upgrade, you can delight in this experience. A majority of Business tickets facilitate you with a confirmed upgrade to the First class. And this upgrade is also for most of the Economy or Premium Economy classes to domestic First or Business class.
You can use your systemwide upgrade for one-way travel and that too till 3 flight segments on the flights that are operated and marketed by American Airlines. Now, let’s learn more about these upgrades.
What is a Systemwide Upgrade?
With a systemwide upgrade, a passenger can upgrade the trip in the ways that are –
- Main Cabin to first class on a domestic 2-class flight
- Main Cabin/premium economy to business class on an international 2-class flight
- Main Cabin/premium economy to business class on an international 3-class flight.
How to Request an American Airlines Systemwide Upgrade?
If you are looking forward to raising a request for American Airlines upgrades, you must be well-acquainted with the process of the same. Here are the easy and quick steps to request a systemwide upgrade on AA –
- Visit the official website of American Airlines.
- Log in to your AAdvantage account.
- Check for systemwide upgrades in your account.
- Find the Systemwide upgrades link while purchasing flight tickets.
- Look for flights available with upgrade seats.
- To confirm your upgrade, connect with AAdvantage status service desk.
- If available, the number of upgrades are debited from your balance.
Please note that your request will be sent to the waiting list if an upgrade isn’t available while booking.
The order mentioned below is followed to confirm the requests waitlisted –
- Status level
- Upgrade type
- 12-month Rolling Loyalty Points
It is noteworthy that –
- If Rolling Loyalty Points value for 12 months and the type of upgrade are the same, the airline checks the booking code. Thereafter, the date or time of the American Airlines systemwide upgrade request is considered to decide on the priority.
- However, if by the time you check-in, the upgrade is not confirmed, the airline adds you to the standby list of the airport upgrade. This happens if your account has the required number of upgrades before 48 hours of the flight’s scheduled departure.
- After your upgrade confirmation, the American Airlines app updates your mobile boarding pass.
- To go for a systemwide upgrade for a current booking, call the AAdvantage helpline number.
How to Find Availability of American Airlines Upgrades?
Now you know about the process of requesting for systemwide upgrades on American Airlines. It’s time to learn how to find systemwide upgrades on American Airlines.
So, let’s check the steps mentioned below and find out the way to check the availability of systemwide upgrades on AA –
- Open the official website of American Airlines.
- Sign in to your account.
- Search the link for the Systemwide upgrades.
- Find flights having available upgrade seats.
- If enough upgrades are available, those will display. And you will get to know about the number of upgrades that you have.
Can I Track My Upgrade Balance?
Yes, you can track your upgrade balance, which is available in your AAdvantage account wallet. Here, you will find the following:
- Systemwide upgrades
- Dates of deposit and expiration of the upgrades
- Used upgrades
- Upgrades that you are planning to use on your next trip
Summary details will display only when your systemwide upgrades have a date of expiry in the existing or future year.
In a nutshell, with a systemwide upgrade you are facilitated to upgrade your travel class easily. No wonder, American Airlines systemwide upgrade is among the most exclusive advantages that the elite status holders enjoy. The value of this benefit can be in a whopping number of dollars if used smartly.
So, make most of this upgrade and get seats in premium cabins for a remarkable trip.
Visit here For More Upgrades: