After booking your tickets with American Airlines, you were excited to board your flight. However, an emergency occurred and you had to cancel your booking. Now what? Don’t worry, American Airlines refund for canceled flight, you are covered.
With its generous approach to provide refund on flight cancellations, AA makes sure that its travelers always have a good experience. So, go through the account that follows and learn about the American Airlines refund policy, flight cancelation methods, and ways to request a refund.
What is The American Airlines Refund Policy?
If you have canceled your AA flight and want to request a refund, go through the refund policy highlights here –
The 24-hour Refund Policy
If you cancel tickets within 24 hours of booking and your flight is scheduled after 2 days, you can get a full refund.
Refund on Non Refundable Tickets
As per the American Airlines canceled flight refund policy, nonrefundable tickets can get a refund in the following conditions –
- Death of the passenger or the traveling companion
- If military orders stop you from traveling
- Flight schedule changes for over 4 hours
The airline refunds you a travel credit in above situations.
How to Cancel an American Airlines Flight Booking?
Do you have to cancel your AA tickets? Here are the simple steps on how to cancel an American Airlines flight for a refund for your reference. Select from online or offline methods as per your convenience.
- Visit the official website of American Airlines.
- Choose Your trips / Check in.
- Select the trip you have to cancel.
- Click on Cancel Booking.
- Click on the Confirm button.
Once your booking is canceled, AA will send you a voucher for the remaining ticket value, if any after deducting any cancellation charges.
- Alternatively, you can cancel a flight on a phone call.
- Contact the customer service representative at 800-433-7300.
- Listen to and follow the IVR prompts.
- Once a live representative is connected, request a cancellation.
How to Get American Airlines Canceled Flight Refund?
Here are the steps to request an American Airlines refund for canceled flight in a few clicks –
- Go to prefunds.aa.com.
- Click on the button of Refunds.
- Go to the section of Request a Refund.
- Enter the traveler’s last name and ticket number.
- Hit the Submit button.
- Verify the cancellation details.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- Check your refund eligibility.
- Hit the Continue link, if you are eligible for a refund.
- Enter your contact information that includes your complete name, address, email ID, and phone number.
- Click the Continue button.
- Verify and review your American Airlines canceled flight refund request.
- From a drop-down menu, choose a Reason for Refund.
- Tap on the Submit button.
Upload valid proof like a medical certificate, if required.
The airline will send you a confirmation number.
It takes 7 business days to send you the refund if you have paid through a credit card.
In a nutshell, you can cancel your flight and request a refund easily. However, make sure to go through the ticket prices so that you are aware of your options while booking and canceling, both. So, when your plans change, fret not. The AA refund feature covers you if you have to cancel your booking. And you can easily get an American Airlines refund for canceled flight.
You May Visit: