Do you want to easily obtain your American Airlines Boarding Pass? Great! You are at the correct place. AA is a customer-friendly airline that keeps its passengers at the forefront and devised smart ways to make their travel easier. So, getting a boarding pass is another way among many.
The airline offers various ways to grab your boarding pass at your convenience. Moreover, boarding passes have your flight related information such as your travel dates as well as flight number and time on which you are traveling. So, it is imperative to know about obtaining your boarding pass and, if required, how to print it.
To make things easy for you, this account has compiled information about getting boarding passes when traveling on AA flights. Go through it carefully to be well-acquainted with the processes.
How To Get A Boarding Pass On American Airlines?
So, you have made your flight ticket booking and completed the check-in process. Now, you need to get your boarding pass to hop on your scheduled AA flight. To help you, here are some methods to get your American Airline boarding pass. Go through these and get your boarding pass printed from the method you find the best.
At the Airport Kiosk Machine
Your boarding pass can be easily obtained from the kiosk machine. However, it is mandatory to reach the airport at least 90 minutes before the departure of your scheduled flight. Then, follow the steps mentioned here –
- Click on the touch screen of the kiosk machine.
- Put your passport or ID under the kiosk scanner.
- In the fields shown, enter your confirmation code and your name.
- Take your boarding pass in the kiosk dispensing slot.
- Proceed to the gate to board your flight.
Through The official website of AA
To get your American Airlines Boarding Pass online, here are the simple steps –
- Visit the American Airlines official website.
- Select the Retrieve Travel Documents option.
- Enter your flight confirmation code as well as your complete name.
- Click the Enter button.
- Now, select the Print Boarding Pass button.
- Click on the Print function.
And your pass is printed.
For more information, call 1-646-974-1422 and get quick assistance.
How to Get Your Mobile Boarding Pass?
It is easy to get your boarding pass through the mobile option. Keep the following pointers in mind –
- You can use the mobile option for domestic and international destinations.
- Usually, you can get your mobile boarding pass within 24 hours of the flight’s scheduled departure.
- Check in online within 24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure.
- Select Email with Mobile option on the official AA website.
- Alternatively, complete your check-in from the AA app.
- Your mobile device will have your mobile boarding pass.
- A link is sent to your registered email ID.
- Click the link.
- Your mobile boarding pass will open .
- Save your mobile AA boarding pass to your smartphone/ tablet.
Scan the boarding pass’ barcode on the screen at airport security checkpoints and at the gate.
At the security, the barcode must be visible clearly and completely on the screen.
Where to Use the AA Mobile Boarding Pass?
You can conveniently use your mobile boarding pass at a majority of the airports. While leaving, make sure to see if the airports you are departing from as well as the connecting ones accept the mobile boarding passes.
If you want to know if your airport accepts a mobile boarding pass for American Airlines, use the following approach:
- Locate your airport.
- Go to Airport details.
- Check the availability of mobile boarding passes.
- You can also print a boarding pass before reaching the airport.
- A kiosk will also be helpful in this case.
How To Print A Boarding Pass For American Airlines?
As mentioned above, you can easily print your boarding pass through –
- The official website
- Mobile app
- A kiosk machine at the airport
However, you have to keep the following points in mind if you are looking forward to American Airlines print boarding pass –
- When you have completed your check-in process, you can print your boarding pass.
- It is good to check-in earlier than wait for the last minute. At this time, the check-in is available 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure. So, before that you have ample time to check-in but when you are late, there are only 30-45 minutes as an endpoint before the flight’s scheduled departure. Therefore, you will be too late for check-in if there is a network or any other issue.
- Make sure that you visit the official website of the airline 24 hours to 90 minutes before the flight’s scheduled departure time.
In a nutshell, you can easily get your American Airlines Boarding Pass, whether you use an offline or online approach. Visit the airport or use the official website or the airline’s mobile app, obtaining your boarding pass is a breeze. Moreover, the airline has also made it easy to print your boarding pass when required.
Furthermore, if you come across any sort of challenge while getting your boarding pass, you can always count on the expert customer service representatives of the airline. Simply dial 800-433-7300 and talk to a live person at American Airlines customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I get my American Airlines boarding pass?
You can get your AA boarding pass at check-in. It can be online, which is available 24 hours before the departure of your scheduled flight. You can also obtain it at the kiosk at the airport.
How early can I get a boarding pass for American Airlines?
Within 24 hours to 45 minutes (for domestic) and 90 minutes (for international), you can check-in to get your boarding pass.
Is it necessary to print a boarding pass?
It depends on the authorities of the airport. You can show your mobile boarding pass, a boarding pass printed on a paper, or one taken from the kiosk.
Can I get my boarding pass online?
Yes, you can and it is a great idea. With an online boarding pass, you can save time as you skip the long queues at the airport. If the airline facilitates you by skipping the wait to check your luggage, you can directly proceed to the security.