For its frequent flyers, AA has devised a smart program that allows them to earn miles and redeem those on their next bookings within 24 months. It is the AA Frequent Flyer Program, known as American Airlines AAdvantage Program or American Airlines loyalty program. With the program, you get a bundle of benefits such as complimentary access to preferred seats with ample leg room. It also provides you with priority check-in and free checked bags among other advantages.
However, before proceeding with the steps to redeem miles with the AAdvantage Program, let’s take a glance at it.
What is The American Airlines Frequent Flyer Program?
When you travel with American, Oneworld and other participating airlines with its 1,000+ partners as an AAdvantage program member, the American Airlines Frequent Flyer Program fetches you miles. You can use these miles to travel to almost 1,100 destinations across the continents.
How to Redeem Miles with American Airlines AAdvantage Program?
If you have earned AAdvantage miles, you can easily use those on award flights. All you have to do is to open the official website of AA and go through the options of award flights. And then book your tickets.
Here are the simple steps to redeem miles with American Airlines Advantage Program:
- Visit American Airlines official website.
- Sign in to your AAdvantage account.
- Enter details for the flight you want to book.
- Search for the flights available.
- To look at the options for award flights, check the box that states – Redeem miles.
- Review the options available for award flights with their respective details that include:
- Time to travel
- Ticket type/travel class
- Information about layover, if any
- Pricing details
- Information of the airport
- The number of miles
- Total fees
- Add filters to your options for more precise search. It also helps you select the calendar and check award fares for a month.
- Choose the flight that meets your requisites as per the AAdvantage Program American Airlines.
- Once redirected to the payment page, click on the Continue button.
- Confirm the details of the passengers and select the seats that you prefer.
- Start with the steps to checkout.
- Select a payment method, provide its details like card details.
- Complete the payment.
- Your booking is confirmed.
- The airline will send you a confirmation email on your registered email ID.
Please note: Even if you are making your flight booking with miles, you have to pay fees and taxes.
If you haven’t yet enrolled in the AAdvantage program and wish to do so, simply call the American Airlines AAdvantage Program phone number 800-433-7300. You can also join the program online through the official website of AA or at any American Airlines or American Eagle ticket counter.
For More Details: How do I talk to an American Airlines representative?
Is the American Airlines Frequent Flyer Program Free?
Yes, named as the AAdvantage, the AA Frequent Flyer Program is free. You can join it without paying anything and get some great perks.
How Can I Find My American Airlines Frequent Flyer Number?
If you want to know your AAdvantage or American Airlines Frequent Flyer number, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of AA.
- Click on the link – Forgot AAdvantage Account.
- Alternatively, you can also call AAdvantage Customer Service number 800-882-8880.
What to Do to Get The Maximum Benefits of My American Airlines Advantage Program?
To make the most of your miles with AAdvantage program, follow the tips mentioned below:
Get a Web Specials award flight
AA offers exciting deals and huge discounts on award tickets to some places. These deals are Web Specials. You can find it when looking for award tickets.
Check AA calendar
You will find the most pocket-friendly award flight dates on the AA calendar with the American Airlines AAdvantage Program. The search results page has this tool. If your travel dates are flexible, you can use fewer miles to redeem your award flight.
Go for award flight redemptions
Such redemptions allow you to use your miles in the best way possible. Maximize your AAdvantage miles value by redeeming them for an award ticket. There are other options to redeem your miles (such as hotel accommodation) that offer you a lower value of your miles.
Consider fees and taxes
You can’t skip paying taxes and fees while redeeming your award flights. To be sure of getting the best value of your miles, review the amount of fees to be paid before making the booking. Gradually, the American Airlines AAdvantage Program is being priced dynamically, though its partner award chart hasn’t been removed yet. You can easily redeem the miles earned with the AAdvantage Program on AA operated flights.
You May Visit Here: