Do you take frequent flights with American Airlines? Go for American Airlines TSA PreCheck and skip long security lines. With this precheck approach, you can save time and get a much faster security check-in.
Make sure to add your TSA PreCheck membership information on upcoming trips with AA. And breeze through the airport security with this program. Not sure about adding TSA PreCheck to American Airlines? Here we are to help you.
In the account that follows you will get an overview of TSA PreCheck, what it is, how you can apply for it, the benefits it offers, and much more. So, scroll down to know how you can make the most of this program.
What is TSA PreCheck?
TSA PreCheck is a security program for members that speeds up the security screening at the airport. To join TSA precheck with American Airlines, apply and obtain approval from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
You can obtain TSA PreCheck availability with enrollment in a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler program such as –
- Global Entry
What are The Requirements to Apply for an American Airlines TSA PreCheck?
Are you traveling with American Airlines and want to add TSA precheck to your ticket or frequent flyer profile? Here is the process to help you apply for it.
- You receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) to apply directly through TSA.
- For those who have registered with a CBP program, a 9-digit PASS ID is given. It is the same number for all CBP programs.
- Pay an application fee of $78.
- Submit personal information for a background check.
- Attend an in-person interview.
- Once you have joined the program, renew your TSA PreCheck membership online every five years.
Fee is subject to change. Contact an AA representative for an updated fee.
How Can I Add TSA PreCheck to American Airlines?
If you want to add TSA precheck number to American Airlines, here are the steps to follow –
Update your AAdvantage® profile
- Log in to your AAdvantage® account.
- Go to the section of Secure traveler.
- Add your PASS ID or KTN
- Save the changes made.
- Update your KTN or PASS ID in your account before any trip. It saves your information and you need not enter these every time when you travel.
- If you have not yet joined the AAdvantage program, add your KTN or PASS ID to every booking you make with AA.
For new reservation with AA
Are you using the PreCheck for the first time? Then, you might want to know where to add the TSA PreCheck number on an American Airlines flight booking. Here’s how –
To add your TSA PreCheck number during booking –
- Select your flight date and time.
- Enter the traveler’s details.
Enter your PreCheck number in the Known Traveler Number field, if you don’t log in to your AAdvantage account.
For an existing AA trip
To know how to add TSA precheck to American Airlines after booking, follow the steps mentioned below –
- Visit the official website of American Airlines or the American app.
- Find your trip.
- Go to the passenger information section.
- Select Edit.
- Proceed to the Security information section.
- Add your KTN or PASS ID
- Save the changes you have made.
Alternatively, you can get in touch with the customer service team of American Airlines to update your information.
How to Know if I have a TSA PreCheck on American Airlines?
Your American Airlines boarding pass will show a TSA precheck indicator if you fulfill its eligibility criteria. Make sure to add your KTN to your AA booking.
You can easily find a TSA Pre on your boarding pass. However, if TSA Pre is not mentioned on your AA boarding pass, you can get access to the dedicated PreCheck security lane.
However, if you have checked in and then added your KTN, you need to obtain a new boarding pass.
What are the Benefits of TSA Precheck?
Have you signed up for TSA PreCheck membership? Let’s see how does TSA PreCheck make things convenient and offers advantages –
- With TSA PreCheck, you go through a specific screening lane where you need not take off your jacket, belt, or shoes. Also, you don’t have to take your laptop out of your bag.
- Every 5 years, you get $100 free credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry. However, members must have any of the following to get this credit –
- A Citi card
- An AAdvantage Executive Mastercard
Simply put, you can add your American Airlines TSA PreCheck number to your existing and new bookings with the airline. However, don’t miss out on updating your AA loyalty program profile and continue with the use of airport security lanes, dedicated to PreCheck members.
Moreover, log in to your account before booking a flight ticket. When you are logged in before the booking process, your PreCheck number is automatically added. So, expedite your security screening at the airport with AA TSA PreCheck.
You May Visit:
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a TSA PreCheck Number Look Like?
The TSA PreCheck number comprises 9 digits. It might combine numbers and letters, and usually starts with TT.