You were eagerly waiting for the day of departure to visit your favorite destination. But life is unpredictable, and you miss your flight. Now what? Relax. The American Airlines missed flight approach covers you.
If you get stuck in a traffic jam or any other situation comes up and you realize that you can’t catch your flight on time, inform the AA representatives beforehand. By doing so, they can help you with the flight rebooking if you miss your original one.
However, if you don’t inform the airline that you will miss your flight, it is considered a no-show. And AA forfeits your ticket cost. Now, let’s learn more about the AA missed flight policy and other related details.
What is American Airlines Missed Flight Policy?
American Airlines is one of the best airlines in the aviation industry, as it offers some excellent amenities. Moreover, it understands all concerns of flyers and designs its policies accordingly. American Airlines missed flight policy is also designed while keeping your convenience in mind. If you have missed your flight with the airline, follow its missed flight policy.
- If you ever miss your flight because of the delay in flight by AA, it will rebook you on an alternative flight. You don’t have to pay any extra charges for it.
- However, you can ask for a refund if you are not comfortable with the new schedule.
- For delays of more than 3 hours, this incredible airline will refund you $700.
- The airline will not give any compensation for deliberately missing your flight or when the flight is missed due to your fault. However, it will consider some special cases.
- For no-shows, there is no American Airlines Missed Flight Refund. However, the airline may consider some emergencies.
- You can rebook your flight for free if you miss your flight but still reach the airport. American Airlines provides you 15 minutes to rebook your flight in that case. After this time period, the airline will apply a no-show policy to your booking.
- AA offers a 2-hour rule for any passenger who is running late. Passengers who realize they will miss their flight can fly on standby on the next available flight for free. But you have to inform the airline in advance to avail this facility.
- However, you can’t check your bags with this standby option unless you have elite status in AAdvantage membership.
Use the missed flight American Airlines service to book your tickets immediately on the next flight.
What to Do If You Miss Your American Airlines Flight?
Have you missed your American Airlines flight? Fret not because the airline has a simple policy to help you. After missing your flight, keep the following points in mind.
- Make sure to contact the American Airlines representative in advance if you will miss your flight. Tell the assigned agent that you will miss your flight, and he will help you book your tickets on the next flight at the earliest.
- If you are at the airport, reach out to the American Airlines agents quickly. You might get a seat on the next flight if you are lucky enough.
- For bookings made through any travel agency, you have to connect with that agency.
What is The Missed Flight fee of American Airlines?
When you miss your flight with AA, it will help you rebook on a new flight. No extra charges will be taken for this. However, you may have to pay the fare difference. Moreover, you can even ask for a refund if you miss the flight because of the AA flight delay.
There is no such thing as paying a fee with American Airlines. However, you will lose all your money if you don’t show up at the airport. So ensure to connect with airline agents in advance if you have an idea about missing your flight.
Will American Airlines Rebook Me After Missing My Flight?
As per the AA missed flight policy, flyers will be rebooked on the new flight only if they:
- Didn’t show proper documents on time
- Reached late at the airport
- Arrived at the wrong airport
- Did not apply for ESTA
If you have missed your flight because of any of these reasons, American Airlines will rebook you on the next flight.
Will I Get a Refund After Missing An American Airlines Flight?
American Airlines has a comprehensive policy when it comes to missing flights. The airline will provide you with a refund after missing your flight in the following cases. Read these points if you have made an American Airlines booking.
- If you have missed your flight because of a death in the family, you will receive compensation by showing proper documents.
- You might get a refund if you miss the flight due to any serious health issues.
- Travelers will also get a refund if they miss their fights due to any natural disaster.
- American Airlines will give no compensation if the no-show policy applies.
What Happens If I Miss My Flight Due to The Flight Delay?
Is your American Airlines flight delayed or canceled, which makes you miss your connection? There is no need to worry, as the airline will try its best to get you back on track.
American Airlines always tries to depart the flight on time. However, sometimes weather and other events may affect the schedule. In that situation, AA may have to cancel or delay your flight. But the airline completely understands that your time is valuable. Therefore, it tries to rebook you on the next flight with available seats as soon as possible. Moreover, the airline will automatically reroute your bags when you check in for your new scheduled flight.
When the airline rebooks you, there are 3 ways to view the details of your new flight. Moreover, you can even choose a different flight through all these methods if you are not comfortable with the scheduled flight. Let’s have a look at these 3 methods.
Install The American Airlines App
- Firstly, you need to log in to view the trip details or book a new flight.
- Click on the banner you can see on the home screen, and it will open up your trip details.
- Select a new flight if you don’t want to travel on the flight selected by the airline.
- Complete the check-in procedure, and receive your boarding pass.
Visit The Official Site
- If the airline has changed your flight due to the flight delay or cancelation, you can see all the updates in the “My Trips” section.
- Enter your credentials to access the trip details.
- You can either go on a flight that the airline selected or book a new flight as well.
- After that, check in for your flight to get the new boarding pass.
Use The Airport Kiosk
- If you are at the airport, you can get your new boarding pass at the kiosk as well.
- To get updates regarding your new flight, either enter your record locator or scan your boarding pass.
- Moreover, you can even switch your flight and get a new boarding pass.
Use any of these methods to review the trip details or book a new flight.
You May Visit: American Airlines Change Flight Policy
What is the late-arrival standby on American Airlines?
American Airlines has a specific late-arrival standby policy, which has been designed to help flyers who have missed their flights. According to this, you can put yourself on the standby list and confirm your booking on the next available flight if you arrive at the airport within 2 hours after the scheduled flight departure. Simply put, you can fly on the next flight with AA without any additional charges.
However, you may get a seat on the first flight of the next morning if you miss the last flight of the day. You can only avail benefits of this policy in the following cases.
- You can rebook a new flight if you miss your flight because you got stuck during the check-in process.
- If you are unable to show valid documents, and therefore you miss your flight, you can rebook on the next flight.
- In case you arrive at the wrong airport, you can avail benefits of this policy.
Board a new flight with American Airlines, and have a smooth travel experience with the airline.
What is The American Airlines No-Show Policy?
Like many other airlines, American Airlines has a no-show policy. If passengers fail to arrive at the airport and don’t even cancel their bookings, the no-show policy will be applied to their entire reservation. This simply means that their entire booking cost is lost, and they will not get any refund for it.
- If you miss one leg of your journey, all the subsequent flights will be canceled.
- And you will not receive a refund for that.
- Therefore, you must connect with the airline executives in advance if you know you may miss the flight to avoid this policy. Otherwise, you will lose all your money.
Get in touch with travel experts of American Airlines, and inform them about missing your flight in advance. They will put you on the standby list, and you can travel on the new flight without any hassle.
Wrapping It Up
Missed flight? Don’t panic because American Airlines allows you to rebook your flight tickets and complete your journey. American Airlines missed flight policy is launched for the ease of flyers who have missed their flights, unfortunately.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if you miss a flight American Airlines?
American Airlines will try its best to get you back on track. If you miss your flight, it will rebook you on the next flight with available seats.
Can you get a refund for a missed flight American Airlines?
Yes, you can get a refund for missing American Airlines flights if any genuine emergency arises. Moreover, you will get a full refund if you miss your flight due to flight delay or cancelation.
Is it better to cancel flight or not show up?
Canceling a flight ticket is always a better option as compared to not showing up at the airport. As per the no-show policy, all your money will be forfeited. However, after canceling flight tickets, you may get a refund.
Do I need to let the airline know if I’m not flying?
Informing the airline in advance is very important if you miss your flight. It will help you get seats on the next flight. You will lose the ticket cost if you don’t tell the airline about your situation.