Looking for some relaxing time before hopping in your flight? You have the American Airlines Admirals Club where you can unwind before starting with your journey. As you have access to the Admirals Club, the doors of the feature-packed lounges are open wide for you. Refuel yourself with complimentary food items, house drinks, and made to order treats. You can also stay connected to the world with high-speed Wi-Fi.
Your membership, class of service, or AAdvantage® status determines your Admirals Club® lounge accessibility. Do you have a trip coming up on an AA flight? Check if you have access to the Admirals Club. If not, this quick guide will help you get it.
How Can I Get Free Access to American Airlines Admirals Club?
You can have free or complimentary access to Admiral Club on AA, if you are traveling on either of the following:
- First/business class on select international, transcontinental, or other domestic flights
- Oneworld airline partners
- Flights marketed by JetBlue and operated by AA
How Can I Get an AA Admirals Club Membership?
To get a membership for Admiral Club with American Airlines, you must have an AAdvantage® account. With a membership, you can get:
- Access to nearly 50 Admirals Club® lounges
- 60+ partner lounges worldwide
Now, let’s see how you can get your membership.
Buy an Annual Membership
When you purchase an annual membership of Admiral Club with American Airlines, you can access 100+ Admirals Club® lounges and partner lounges all over the world. In this, you can have a maximum of 2 guests. You can purchase it:
- At any Admirals Club® location
- On call at 800-237-7971
Complimentary Admirals Club Membership
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles
- Additionally, you are offered a complimentary Admirals Club® membership (value up to $650)
- Get a Global Entry/ TSA PreCheck application fee credit with the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®.
What is the Best Way to Access Admirals Clubs on American Airlines?
If you are looking forward to the most suitable methods to gain access to the American Admirals Club, here are the smart approaches to help you. Let’s get started with these.
Have a Club Membership and Hold a Credit Card
Members of the Admirals Club include:
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ MasterCard® primary cardholders
- ConciergeKey® members
- AirPass℠ members with Admirals Club privileges
- Annual and lifetime members
To join the AA Admiral Club, open the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®. Whichever you choose, it offers you 50,000 AAdvantage miles at purchase of $5,000. Make sure you do this within the 3 months of opening your account.
Your Ticket Type
You can’t access the AA Admirals Club with standard domestic first-class tickets. However, you can get it on business and first class tickets for flights that are marketed and operated by:
- American, a oneworld® airline or
- Marketed by JetBlue and operated by AA
For a better idea, take a look at the table below:
|Flights from the U.S. to –||Flights with seats ticketed as Flagship between –|
Opt for a 1 Day Pass
You can use the American Airlines Admirals Club one day pass at some selective destinations. Remember that:
- You can purchase the passes online at only $59 or 5,900 AAdvantage miles.
- Clubs that are not closed currently are excluded.
- The capacity of lounge determines your access to Admirals Club in different locations
Avail of Loyalty Point Choice Rewards
Take a look at the Loyalty Point Choice Rewards to join the Admirals Club.
|Loyalty Points||One Day Passes||An Admirals Club Membership|
|250,000||6 or an Admirals Club membership*|
|400,000||NA||Requires two choices|
|550,000||NA||Requires two choices|
* Choose from 2 Loyalty Point Choice Rewards. However, your membership needs both of your selections.
Go for a Paid Membership
Not a club member nor a credit card holder? Don’t worry. Being old school will help you. Simply buy your American Airlines Admirals Club membership in cash. For your reference, here is a snapshot of membership types with their respective annual costs for renewal.
- $650 ($600 for individual membership)
- $1,250 ($1,200 for household membership)
- $625 ($575 for individual membership)
- $1,225 ($1,175 for household membership)
- $600 ($550 for individual membership)
- $1,200 ($1,150 for household membership)
AAdvantage Platinum Pro
- $575 ($525 for individual membership)
- $1,175 ($1,125 for household membership)
AAdvantage Executive Platinum
- $550 ($500 for individual membership)
- $1,150 ($1,100 for household membership)
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®**
If you have miles in your account, buy an Admirals Club membership.
Be a Military Personnel
The U.S. military personnel have access to the Admirals Club and partner club locations. For this, they have to be in uniform and carry a military ID along with a same-day boarding pass for an AA flight. They are allowed to bring along 2 guests and their immediate family. However, they are refrained from:
- Airspace Lounge, San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- JAL Sakura Lounge, Honolulu’s Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL)
Have an Elite Status
If you hold an elite status, know that you have to follow the same set of rules for the American Airlines Admirals Club and Flagship lounge. Here is a quick bifurcation of:
AAdvantage and Alaska Mileage Plan Elites
Status holders of Oneworld Sapphire/Emerald can access Admirals Clubs or Flagship Lounges on eligible global itineraries. These must be operated either by AA or a Oneworld partner. You can access these lounges with a guest (economy class included).
To avail of the aforementioned, your Oneworld Sapphire or Emerald status should be through either of the following:
- American AAdvantage
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Other Oneworld Elites
You can access an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge with a guest when traveling on an AA American or another Oneworld flight. However, you must hold a Oneworld Sapphire or Emerald membership with some other program than AAdvantage/Mileage Plan to avail of this. In a nutshell, you can gain access to the American Airlines Admirals Club in several ways. And enjoy relaxing in a lounge rather than struggling to get a seat in the crowded terminal. Also, make sure that you are well-acquainted with the details of the Admirals Club and Flagship lounge of AA.