Have you faced the need to cancel your previously booked flight tickets and then rebook the same on an AA flight? The airline facilitates you with a smooth American Airlines rebook flight process. Find out if your flight ticket qualifies for rebooking and get it done in just a few clicks. If you need further assistance, you can easily reach the airline’s customer service team.
However, there are certain instances when you are not eligible to rebook your flight. To know about it full-well, you have to go through the rebooking policy of the airline. So, here is the account to help you regarding your flight rebooking with American Airlines.
What is The American Airlines Rebooking Policy?
If you are looking forward to rebook a flight on American Airlines, keep the following pointers in mind that summarize the AA rebooking policy.
- Visit the official AA website to rebook your flight if flights to your destination are not available on the same dates of your flight cancellation. Alternatively, you can connect with a customer service representative of the airline.
- If you don’t find any option when changing an AA flight ticket, rebook the tickets to reach the destination.
- The airline provides you a free rebooking if it can’t find an alternate flight once your scheduled flight is canceled.
Please note that as per American Airlines rebooking policy, flight rebooking is subject to charges. So, contact a customer service representative to know about the charges and availability. They are just a call away.
How to Rebook a Flight Ticket on American Airlines?
Now you know the rules or terms and conditions that AA has set for flight rebooking. It’s time to see how to rebook one. However, before that you should know what you need to have to begin with the process.
- Your Record Locator, which is the 6-character confirmation
- Your ticket number
To know where you can find the Record Locator, look for it in your confirmation email that AA sends you after your American Airlines booking for the journey. The ticket numbers of AA flights begin with 001 and have 13 digits.
For ticket number, you can look in your:
- Cancellation email
- Confirmation email after you have purchased your ticket (see Receipt)
- Credit card statement (check the reference number next to the amount paid)
- Receipt from Airport / City Ticket Office (see the ticket’s mid-bottom)
Please note that for add-on services such as baggage, seats, and any upgrades, ticket numbers are separate.
Steps to Rebook a Canceled Trip
After you know about checking the requirements before rebooking your flight ticket on an AA flight, here are the steps to follow:
- Open the official website of AA.
- Choose Manage trips / Check-in.
- Select View canceled trips.
- Enter your trip details such as the first name, last name, booking reference number.
- Find your trip (your Flight Credit details are on the page – Your trip).
- Find a new flight to proceed with American Airlines rebook flight.
- Once you are redirected to the payment page, add the Flight Credit.
- Apply the credit after you have entered the ticket number from the canceled one. If there is some more amount to be paid, use your credit card for the same.
- Select the payment option on the payment page and complete it.
- After the process completion, the airline sends you a confirmation email with the booking reference.
If you need assistance regarding your rebooking process, you can call the Reservations. The service is available on 1-800-433-7300, the American Airlines customer care service number.
Other Methods to Connect with an AA Customer Service Representatives for Assistance
Apart from online booking and getting in touch with an American Airline customer service executive, you can resort to the following ways:
This is the quickest way to connect with a representative. For this, all you have to do is to visit the official website and mention your query in the chat box. As soon as your chat is sent, a representative attends to your concern.
Social Media Channels
Another approach to reach out to the airline is to visit its social media channels. Visit Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn of American Airlines. Send a DM or comment on any of its relevant posts. A representative will reply as soon as possible.
You can also send your request to the airline by drafting it and sending it on the official email ID of the airline. Once a representative checks it, you will get a revert on it.
Send Text Message
To send a message to the airline, you can type the word HELP and send it as a text message to FLYAA (35922).
In a nutshell, when you go for an American Airlines rebook flight, the policy and the simple steps for the same fulfill your purpose. With prompt assistance of the customer service representatives, you will have a seamless experience and fly at your convenience.
With the smart help of the experts at the airline, you won’t face any hassle in rebooking your flight ticket. You can call on the helpline number around the clock for getting help, whenever you need regarding booking and rebooking your tickets. Just dial the number, get connected to an executive and get your flight rebooked in a finger snap.