If you are looking forward to American Airlines reschedule flight process, you are at the correct place. There are instances when you have to cancel or change your flight booking already done. But it leaves you nowhere with the need to travel within a certain time period and lose the reservation too.
However, with AA, you can be worry-free as it allows you to reschedule your flight easily. To make things smooth for you, here are the steps to reschedule your flight, the fee on it, and the policy underlying. So, let’s start with it.
What is American Airlines Reschedule Flight Process?
To reschedule or rebook your flight with AA, you can call an official customer representative at 800‑433‑7300 or 646-974-1422 to get assistance in English. If you need to talk to an executive in Spanish, dial 800‑633‑3711.
Make sure that when you are prepared with an American Airlines flight reschedule, keep the following handy:
- Your 6-character confirmation (Record Locator)
- Your ticket number
You can find your ticket number in your:
- Confirmation or cancellation email
- Credit card statement
- Airport / City Ticket Office receipt
Note: AA ticket numbers begin with 001 and have a total of 13 digits. Add-ons such as bags, preferred seats, or upgrades have separate ticket numbers.
Now let’s see how to reschedule an American Airlines flight:
1. Visit the Official Website
- Select Manage trips / Check-in.
- Choose View canceled trips.
- Enter the details of your trip.
2. Find Your Trip
On Your Trip page, the details of your Flight Credit are displayed.
3. Make Payment
- To find a new flight and rebook it, go to the official website of AA.
- You will be redirected to the payment screen.
- Select ‘Add Flight Credit.’
- Apply for the credit after you have entered the ticket number from your canceled trip.
- If there is an amount remaining to be paid, pay it with your credit card.
If you need any help further with rebooking, get in touch with a representative at Reservations.
What is American Airlines Reschedule Policy?
To help you make your flight rescheduling more convenient, AA has designed a smart reschedule policy. Let’s have a look at its highlights:
- It is possible for American Airlines change flight either by paying the flight change fee or for free.
- You can reschedule your flight for free only if you do it 24 hours before the flight departure.
- If AA cancels your flight, you can reschedule it without any extra charges.
New 15-Minute Rebooking
the airline has introduced a new clause in its policy for those who get late and miss their flight. For the convenience of their passengers, AA has come up with this smart approach. Thereby, facilitating the flyers who have missed their flight by 15 minutes. Thus, the name is 15-minute rebooking.
Here are the highlights of this policy:
AA allows travelers to go for this booking at no extra cost.
This new American Airlines reschedule policy confirms customers instantly on the next available flight for free. However, they should reach the airport within 15 minutes after flight departure.
Note: You can book only segments of AA this way. Partner airlines’ segments don’t allow it.
How Much Does It Cost to Reschedule an AA Flight?
On average, when you reschedule a flight on American Airlines, you have to shell out up to $750.
- Refundable ticket – None
- Non-refundable ticket – $250-$750 (domestic and international)
Note: The exact amount of rescheduling an AA flight is determined by your flight ticket schedule and the region you are traveling to.
In a nutshell, you can go with American Airlines reschedule flight in just a few clicks. Alternatively, contact the airline’s customer/reservation representative and get the assistance required in time. Apart from the online method and taking to an executive to do it for you, tourists can look for help through the airline’s chat or email service.
Therefore, if you have to change or cancel your flight on AA, go with rescheduling the flight on AA.
Vist Here For Related Blogs:
American Airlines Cancellation Policy
American Airlines Refund Policy