American Airlines covers its passengers with a wide range of services. Thereby, facilitating them to enjoy their air trip to the fullest. If you are flying with AA, you can purchase your flight tickets even with short notice of the flight departure. You also have American Airlines same day flight change service if there is a change in your travel plan. You can easily change your AA flight whenever you want. Thanks to its smooth services, both online and offline.
The airline also allows you to manage or make changes to your flight booking at your ease. So, if you have to alter your flight with AA on the same day, go through the account below.
Which Rules to Follow to Change AA Flight Same Day?
Do you have to change your flight to the same day? With American Airlines, you can avail of the same-day change of flight feature.
However, it is done on select flights and you have to pay an amount for it. But as with many other aspects, American Airlines change flight for the same day comes with some exceptions.
Let’s have a look at the rules that you have to abide by:
As per the original flight, your changed flight must:
- Be from American Airlines or American Eagle
- Take off on the same day with the same departure and arrival airports
- Comprise the same number of stops on the way, at the same airports
Other factors to comply with for same-day AA flight changes
You also need to keep in mind that:
- Passengers need not pay anything to be on standby.
- For an earlier flight, any passenger can stand by. However, for later flights on the same day, people who can stand by are only the members having an AAdvantage status.
- Availability on select flights decides the standby and confirmation of American Airlines same day change.
- If you are traveling with an AA partner airline, you can go for a same-day confirmed change or stand by. See your trip, using your AA confirmation number.
What is American Airlines Same Day Flight Change Process?
If you want to make same-day changes to your AA flight, you must know its method.
Please remember that AA allows its flyers to change their flight within 24 hours of departure.
For your convenience, here are the simple steps to request a same-day change or standby:
- Visit Your Trips on the official website of AA or in its app.
- Alternatively, visit an airport ticket counter.
- Pay a fee for the change, if required.
- You get a new boarding pass and receipt, once you check-in.
Isn’t The Process Simple?
Things to remember with AA same-day flight change process
To keep any hassle at bay, please note:
- You have to select the flight for the same calendar day, but it should match the original flight ticket.
- Long-haul flights are not allowed for same day flight change American Airlines.
- First or Business Class passengers can make the same-day flight change for free.
- If you have a Basic Economy ticket, you are not eligible to make changes at a kiosk. To do so, visit the official website, app, or ticket counter.
How Much Same Day Flight Change American Airlines Costs?
You have to pay a small amount as a fee if you are making same-day changes on your flight with American Airlines. The amount to be paid depends on the factors that include:
- New flight booked on the departure date, the same as the previous flight.
- Arrival and departure airports are the same.
- Reservations are done through American Airlines and its hubs.
Now let’s have an overview of the American Airlines same day flight change fee:
|Markets/Regions||Confirmed change fee per direction|
|U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada, and the Caribbean||$75|
|Between/ through New York (JFK) and London Heathrow (LHR)||$150|
Is the Same-Day flight Change Fee Refundable?
When you have to pay a fee for certain services, you want to know if you can be exempted from it or get a refund. Are you are curious to know if your fee is refundable for this AA feature? If you have to change AA flight same day, check with the airline’s representatives to find out if you are eligible for a refund.
And remember that the fee is non-refundable unless the airline:
- Cancels your new flight
- Can’t allocate you a seat because the flight is full
- Delays your incoming flight
- Makes you miss your connecting flight
Thus, changing your flight ticket while flying with American Airlines is quick and simple. If you want further information, just dial the American airlines change flight phone number – 800-433-7300 and talk to a customer service representative. You can also visit AA’s official website to get detailed info about American Airlines same day flight change.
Visit Here For Related Blogs:
American Airlines Cancellation Policy
American Airlines Refund Policy