Do you want to get some extra elbow room on your AA flight? You can easily reserve an extra seat on American Airlines. With quick and easy steps and a smart policy of extra seat booking on an American Airlines flight, you can be seated with some additional space. From the online extra seat booking process to the offline approach, you can select one at your convenience. And what’s more? You can also use or earn miles on your extra seat.
What is The American Airlines Extra Seat Policy?
With its several customer-friendly policies, American Airlines has facilitated travel outfits passengers. Among such smartly devised policies, we will be talking about American Airlines Extra Seat Policy here. So, read it carefully, if you want to book an extra seat on an AA flight.
- Select an extra seat while booking your seat.
- Two seats must be reserved at the same fares.
- To make a selection for an extra seat, contact a customer service representative on a phone call.
You can enjoy spacious seating in-flight, thanks to the Main Cabin Extra seating. It starts at $20. Keep the following points in mind while choosing/booking your extra seats on an AA flight:
- Find the Main Cabin Extra icon.
- AAdvantage members can book an American Airlines extra seat with miles.
- Even after you have purchased your flight tickets, you can get a Main Cabin Extra seat. However, boarding restrictions are applicable on Basic Economy tickets.
- If your credit card details are saved in your AAdvantage account, you can also get extra seats through AA mobile app.
For Any American Airlines Related Inquiries: American Airlines Customer Service Representative
How to Book an Extra Seat on American Airlines Flights?
When you are buying tickets on a flight with American Airlines, you can easily grab an extra seat. After you have completed the process of booking, the option of taking up an extra seat pops up so that you can go for it if you want.
So, here are the methods to reserve an extra seat on American Airlines –
Via Official Website
- Visit the official website of American Airlines.
- Enter your travel details like destination, dates, and number of passengers.
- Click on the Search button.
- You will be redirected to a new page that displays a vast list of flights.
- Select a flight.
- Click on choose an extra seat.
- Book your extra seat. Check if/what you have to pay for it.
Through Phone Call
If the online approach didn’t help you, you can always resort to the offline method to book your extra seat. For this, you have to:
- Dial 800-433-7300, which is the official customer service contact number of American Airlines.
- Carefully listen to the IVR.
- Follow the prompts.
- Once you are connected to a customer service representative, convey your requirement to buy extra seat on airplane.
- Make the payment (if required).
Taking a step further, American Airlines facilitates its customers to book an extra seat.
through email. Here’s how:
- Draft an email, stating your requirement of booking an extra seat.
- Mention your travel details.
- Send the email to the official AA email ID.
- The representative will revert you and get your extra seat reserved.
- Thereafter, the airline will send you a confirmation email on the registered email address.
Therefore, when it comes to booking an extra seat on an American Airlines flight, you can do it easily and in just a few clicks. However, make sure that you have thoroughly read and are following the policy about the AA extra seat booking. It saves from any hassle and keeps the process streamlined. So, do you want to reserve an extra seat on American Airlines? Go ahead, it’s quick and simple.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get American Airlines main cabin extra seats for free?
Yes, you can get main cabin extra seats for free on an AA flight with your elite status. At any time, elite members of AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum can get a free Main Cabin Extra seat. However, AAdvantage Gold members have to wait for 24 hours before the flights’ scheduled departure to get complimentary seat access.