Booking confirmation? Check. Passport and visa? Check. Packing? Check. Everything is done and you can’t wait to hop on your scheduled AA flight to reach your dream destination within two weeks. But wait. You haven’t purchased travel insurance. Now what?
Can You Add Travel Insurance After Booking American Airlines?
Yes, you can. Although it is best to go for trip insurance while booking, if you happen to skip it, AA allows you to do it later. So, you can add travel insurance to your booking even after you have already made one. Go through the account below to know more about it.
How to Add Travel Insurance After Booking American Airlines?
You have booked your tickets on a selected flight. But adding travel insurance didn’t come to your mind while booking. Now, you want to get it, but how? Worry not. You can buy American insurance after booking your flight tickets. Thanks to the flexibility of American Airlines. Here’s how you can do it:
- During booking your flight, you can buy Allianz Trip Insurance, which is AA’s travel insurance partner.
- If you have made a booking through a third-party and now wish to purchase an AA insurance, a different travel policy can help you.
Please note: After purchasing a travel insurance with AA, if you are not happy, the airline allows you to request a refund within at least 15 days as per your native state. However, you shouldn’t have begun with your journey or raised a refund request. Once this period is over, plans become non-refundable.
To know more, talk to American Airlines customer service at 800-433-7300.
Why Should I Take AA Travel Insurance?
Are you wondering about the reasons to buy travel insurance with AA? Here are some of the major reasons that help you know how does American Airlines Travel Insurance protects you:
- When personal health insurance policies couldn’t cover you, it assists you with emergency medical advantages, both in and outside the U.S.
- Get around the clock help regarding medical reasons or other travel-related challenges while traveling.
- If you have to change or cancel your tickets because of reasons like an insured injury, illness, or jury duty; you will get a refund.
Aren’t these reasons good enough to add travel insurance after booking American Airlines flight tickets?
What are The Types of Trip Insurance Plans?
To cater to your specific requirements, Allianz Trip Insurance is available in various plan varieties. You can choose from:
- Single-trip plans to cover only one trip
- Annual plans for all the trips in a year
- Rental car protection plans for financial cover against damage or accidental collision of a rental vehicle
Please note: Allianz Global Assistance offers/sells/recommends the insurance. AA doesn’t do it.
What are The Benefits of Trip Insurance?
You have seen how travel insurance protects you in various ways. Now, let’s take a look at benefits that a trip insurance brings so that you always opt for it with an American airlines booking.
- Trip cancellation/interruption
- Emergency medical care/ dental care/medical transportation
- 24-hour assistance
- Baggage loss/damage/delay
- Travel delay
- Rental car collision/damage
When flying on an AA flight, you are always covered by prompt services. However, if problems raise their heads, complex logistics and long queues might frustrate you. That’s why American Airlines encourages you to go for travel insurance. Apart from the perks mentioned above, you get 24*7 services when you choose trip insurance. In totality, you get a protected and streamlined trip with these offerings. So, even if you forgot to add travel insurance after booking American Airlines flight tickets, purchase it at the earliest.
You May Visit:
American Airlines AAdvantage Program